Plan information for all premium subscriptions is always available on our Pricing Page. If you've looked through this information and are still unsure, use the questions below to pinpoint your exact needs against the most relevant plan type.
Additionally, changing your plan type in the middle of a billing cycle is always enabled, so don't fret about figuring out exactly what you need! Any plan upgrades are fully prorated (e.g. if you move from Standard to Pro, you'll only pay the difference in price), and any plan downgrades will have the price difference applied toward your next billing cycle.
What are you hoping to do with Runway?
If you primarily care about using our generative video tools Gen-1 and Gen-2, scroll down to the next section: How much can I generate with each plan?
If you're interested in our other tools besides Gen-1 and Gen-2, many of these tools do not require credits and instead will depend on the export type you'd like out of them. For this, scroll down to What kind of exports do you want?
How much can I generate with each plan?
The numbers below represent how much you would be able to generate if you were to purely use one tool exclusively. If you'd like to calculate mixed usage, check out How do credits work? for tool-by-tool credit costs.
- Standard: 625 credits/month, which can be used on 44s of Gen-1 or 125s of Gen-2 or 125 image generations
- Pro: 2250 credits/month, which can be used on 160s of Gen-1 or 450s of Gen-2 or 450 image generations
- Unlimited: 2250 credits/month and unlimited Gen-1 and Gen-2 generations in Explore Mode (a secondary generative queue that bases your number of available concurrent generations on overall site traffic)
What kind of exports do you want?
Currently, our generative video tools Gen-1 and Gen-2 can natively be generated in and exported at 1080p/in HD using our Upscale feature. If you're an editor, avid filmmaker, post-production professional, or particularly passionate about high resolution clips, we offer other types on a tool-by-tool basis. Specifics are listed below.
- Standard: Video editor composition exports in 4k*; Remove Background/Green Screen as alpha matte; 2k image exports
- Pro: All export options from Standard; video editor composition exports in ProRes and PNG Sequences; Remove Background transparent exports when using ProRes
- Unlimited:All export options from Pro
*Again, please note that this does not yet mean generative (Gen-1 and Gen-2) exports in 4k. That is not yet available under any plan type.
How many users/editors do you want on your workspace?
Our pricing is per editor and reflective of the admin's billing choices — that is, if a user joins a workspace where the admin is on an annual Standard Plan, the admin will be charged an additional annual Standard Plan fee. As another example, if the admin is on a monthly Pro Plan, adding a user will result in the admin being charged another monthly Pro Plan fee.
Additionally, one set of plan credits is shared per workspace. This means that adding another editor to a workspace will not result in a higher monthly credit allowance — for example, two users both paying $15/month for a Standard Plan in a shared workspace will share one credit allowance of 625 credits per month. If you desire multiple sets of credits, make sure to opt for multiple accounts with disconnected subscriptions instead of one workspace with multiple users.
- Standard: You can have up to 5 editors total at an added charge of $15 (monthly) or $144 (annual) per editor
- Pro: You can have up to 10 editors total at an added charge of $35 (monthly) or $336 (annual) per editor
- Unlimited: You can have up to 10 editors total at an added charge of $95 (monthly) or $912 (annual) per editor